Monday, November 9, 2009

Carving Pumpkins


For the first time Daphne really got into carving pumpkins. She would watch her cousins carve and she was so excited when it was finally her turn.


Ryker loves being in the pumpkins. He was so sad when we took him out. He hung out in the pumpkin alot that night.


Of course Daphne had to get in the pumpkin too. Yes she is small enough to fit too. Who knows she might be able to fit next year too.


Ben and Daphne are working hard. We carved pumpkins at my parents house this year with the family. We love to find new patterns and spend all night carving. Anything is always an all night project with kids.


Here are the ones we did that night. Sorry the pictures are blurry but I wanted to see the carvings with the lights. I made the Cinderella pumpkin for Daphne. Ben did the ninja turtle. My sister Sarah made the witch and Natalie made Edward. We had a lot of fun.


This picture takes me back to when we were first married. We both actually carved this year. It was a lot of fun. It was a fun way to spend Ben's birthday. At least I hope it was!!

1 comment:

  1. I have been loving all your posts. You guys have had a blast this fall. I miss living next too and getting the perks of the corn and the pumpkins. Big congrats to you and Ben for being done with school. I hope by some small chance you guys will be a little closer. Its funny how it seems like Ben has been in school forever cause Andrew and I were just commenting how it seems like yesterday he started the program.

    ReplyDelete